Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Black & Brown - OH MY!

Photos Taken by My Tripod
When:  Monday, November 21, 2011

What:  Black & Brown printed shirt dress; Brown long sleeve t-shirt; Brown tights; Black knee-high boots; Amber & Silver turtle necklace.

Where:  Work, dinner out with the boys, and Ronnie's 2nd-grade conferences at school.

For my first "official" & "true" outfit post I went with the sometimes forbidden black and brown combo.  (I know I'm such a rebel...  Or am I?)  If you talk to my fashionably challenged husband (love you hon), yes, I am making a total mistake with my color choices here.  Yet when browsing blogs and stores one will find quite the mix of one complete outfit that boasts both black and brown, at the SAME TIME!



As you can see I am no longer in my living room.  I was actually trying to muster up the courage all day to head outside to take my pics, but the rain kept me inside!



This turtle necklace was actually my very first ebay purchase many, many, many years ago.  It's one of my most cherished pieces (my son's nickname is Turtle) and I get compliments on it all the time.

When I think about it, this dress is very old.  I'm thinking it was at least 3 to 4 years when I bought this at Lane Bryant?  It's actually a dress that I didn't wear too often when I first purchased it.  But this past 6 months or so I have been wearing the heck out of it.


Finally, THESE BOOTS!  Obviously I'm a plus size girl...  Finding boots that fit up to my knees, around my big 'ole calves is pretty much impossible...  Then one day returning boots that didn't fit around my calves, I found these!  I purchased them from Kohl's earlier in the Fall.  When I got them, they were 40% off PLUS I used a 30% discount coupon (I love Kohls - I shop there a lot as you'll come to notice).  They are made by Trusol Tara.  They are really comfortable and are super easy to slip on and off.  I wish they were leather....  But I didn't really pay a leather price, so I can't complain too much.

So there we go.  My "first" official fashion post to my new blog!  How did I do?  I am thinking the more I do this, the better I'll get...  I hope so anyway! 

And if anyone was wondering, Ronnie's school conference went well yesterday!  Gotta work on a few things, but nothing too major!

5 comments:

  1. I can see why you get so many compliments on the turtle necklace. It's so unique and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kasmira

    Thank you! The best part about the necklace, I don't remember the exact amount (because it's been so many years), but I'm sure I paid less than $10 for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love black and brown together, and this dress looks great on you!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @skippysays

    Thanks so much for the kind words! Not only does it look good, it's really comfortable too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, brown and black can be so awesome! great dress. you look stunning in it!

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Click on the link below "Subscribe by email" to get reply notifications on any comments/questions you may leave!