Thursday, November 24, 2011

Almost Turkey Day

Pictures Taken by My Tripod

When:  Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What:  Black drop-waist dress; Navy, White & Black sheer tunic; Navy 3/4 sleeve jacket; Black tights; Black knee-high boots; Pearl necklace.

Where:  Work, home to make dinner, and then game night with a few beers and a couple of friends.

YAY!  Pictures outside!  There was no rain yesterday, so I took my tripod and camera outside in the backyard. 


This look is something I've been doing with a few of my dresses to get an extra mile out of them, I wear the dress with a top so the dress looks like a skirt!  It's like an instant doubling of your wardrobe!  Try it and see what new looks you can come up with!



They aren't featured here, but I wore my new, favorite knee-high boots again with this outfit.  This sheer tunic is one of my favorites as well.  I love both the color and the patterns and wearing it over a dress means I don't have to wear a cami!  The long pearl necklace was another purchase from Premier Design many years ago.  I like this pearl necklace because the style doesn't make me feel like an old lady.  Also, because it's so long, I can wear it as shown, or a little longer when making it only two strands.



So as I mentioned before, last night we had a game night.  You'll come to learn that I'm a bit of a nerd.  A few of my friends really like to play the nerdy comic book store games (myself included).  Last night we played the fairly new Lord of the Rings living card game.  It's a really neat game where all players actually play together to get through quests, defend, and attack against monsters.  Other favorites of ours are Settler's of Catan, Game of Thrones LCG, Chrononauts, Arkham Horror and many more!  These games are an awesome way to spend an evening in with friends, especially in the winter when the weather gets crappy!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  It's time for me to head to shower and get ready to visit the in-laws!

Since starting this blog (obviously) not too long ago, these are the different ways I have worn the black drop-waist dress.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Click on the link below "Subscribe by email" to get reply notifications on any comments/questions you may leave!